Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 min
The beauty of having some great Saucí sauces around is that it’s quick and easy to experiment. I use blue cheese on steak in various ways already so it seemed likely that adding it to a Piri Piri steak would work. And boy, does it!
Any kind of blue cheese would work here, whether gorgonzola, roquefort, cabrales, or whatever’s handy!
- 1-1/2 lb steak of your choice.
- 1-2 tbsp Saucí Piri Piri, per serving.
- 1-2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese, per serving.
- Salt and pepper (to prep the steak).
- 1 tbsp oil, divided (avocado, grapeseed, olive oil, etc)
- Prep the grill, and cook the steak according to your favorite method. I’ll describe one way for a non-frozen steak.
- Salt and pepper the steak on all sides, let sit for 10 min or more
- Fire up the grill, optionally lightly brush some oil on the bars
- Sear the steak about 4 min on each side, remove tothe non-flame part of the grill and check for the desired temperature. I like 145 deg (medium rare).
- Let the steak rest for about 5-10min (5 min per inch of thickness).
- Slice and serve, spoon some Saucí Piri Piri on top, sprinkle the blue cheese on top of that and dig in!