Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes
I’m in a low-carb lifestyle, but I want to reduce or eliminate some meat from my diet. We decided to try the Beyond Meat burgers and found them to be delicious! As you can see, I plate mine up with a regal salad of arugula, while my less carb-conscious family can indulge in a brioche bun.
The Beyond Meat burgers tasted, looked and felt great in the mouth. But to the point… Saucí Verde made a perfect condiment! The one I made for myself I dropped right on a large arugula salad, topped with some sharp cheddar, sauteed mushrooms, some quick-pickled onions (left over from the cauliflower tacos), and of course a tablespoon of Saucí Verde. Any way you do it, you won’t regret dressing up a burger with Saucí.
Of course, leave out the cheese to keep it vegan, or use your favorite vegan cheese.
- 2 Beyond Meat burgers (1 package)
- 1-2 tbsp Saucí Verde
- thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 slices, 1-2oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 slices fresh tomato
- quick pickled or caramelized balsamic onions
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- Whisk the avocado oil, vinegar and aminos together in a large bowl until they blend
- Put the sliced cucumber in first, then top with the arugula, then toss
- Plate the salad to be ready for he burger
- Fire up the grill to 4-500 deg
- Spray with coconut oil, or brush some oil on the grill
- Cook the Beyond Meat for about 3min per side, it’s OK if it still looks red inside.
- Lay the cheese on to melt it just before the second side is done.
- Lay the burger down on the salad, top with the mushrooms and pickled onions
- Drop 1 tbsp Saucí Verde on the burger
- Arrange the avocado and tomato around the burger
- Top with fresh-ground pepper all over