‘Breakfast Bowl #1: Saucí with egg, beans, avocado, cheese, and grains’
Yield: 1 serving
Time: 10 minutes
We love all manner of breakfast bowls… here’s one to get your own creative juices flowing.
src=’httpss://sauciliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/MF_08840-1030×687.jpg’ attachment=’172′ av_uid=’av-jm1fouvr’
A variety of textures and flavors, and easy to make, this is a healthy and hearty breakfast (or anytime-meal) that’s a sure win. We eat these all the time at home and vary up the ingredients to keep it interesting, although it’s something we could eat every day as-is also.
When I’m on Keto or low-carb diets, I use baby spinach or sauteed kale instead of the grains, and skip the beans. You could easily double the avocado, add bacon or sausage to bring up the fat content for Keto dieting.
- 1 egg (either for fried egg, or soft-boiled)
- Brown rice, quinoi or your choice of grains. Or sub in baby spinach
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/2 small chopped tomato, if desired
- 1 oz sharp cheddar or romano cheese (substitute as desired, for example goat cheese)
- some cilantro leaves
- Optional hemp, chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Saucí Verde
- For soft-boiled egg:
- Fill a small saucepan or pot with water and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, lower an egg in with a slotted spoon. Start a timer for 8min.
- Before the 8min are up, fill a small bowl with ice cubes and water.
- When the 8min are up, move the egg to the ice water and leave for 1-2min. Then peel for a perfect smooth egg!
- Warm up 1 to 1-1/2 cups of some leftover brown rice, or quinoa. If you are Grain -free or low-carb, use baby spinach.
- Add the black beans, the chopped tomato, avocado, and cheese crumbles or pieces.
- Add the fried egg, or cut the soft-boiled in half and add.
- Spoon on the Saucí Verde
- Sprinkle the top with cilantro leaves, hemp seeds, chia seeds and some ground pepper and salt.