Yield: 1 serving
Time: about 15 minutes
I love eggs in many forms, but lately I’ve been making various versions of baked egg dishes. This one happens to be a spinach, sausage, cheese one, with Saucí Romesco. It’s a few minutes to get it together, then about 10minutes in the oven or toaster oven.
- 2 eggs
- about 2 handfuls of spinach ( and/or broccoli, cauliflower, kale, or other veggies)
- 1 hot italian sausage, or breakfast sausage (or other vegetarian alternative)
- about 2oz sharp cheese (a sharp cheddar works well, but any sharp melting cheese would do)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp Saucí Romesco
- Bring a cast iron or oven-proof pan to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Sauté the sausage (if using it) until it is beginning to cook on the edges of the pieces.
- Add the spinach and keep stirring, until it is just wilting.
- Remove the pan from from heat.
- Spread the sausage/veggie mixture around the bottom of the pan, and add 2-4 tablespoons of Saucí Romesco on top. Roughly spread it around to cover.
- Add the cheese on top of the Romesco.
- Bring the toaster oven or oven to 400deg.
- Crack the eggs on top of everything, grind some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pan to the oven and let cook for 10-15 minutes until the whites of the eggs have set and the yolk is cooked how you like it.
- Carefully remove the pan using an oven mitt, setting it down on a hot plate or trivet. Let it cool a few minutes and eat breakfast right out of the pan!