Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Time: 30 minutes
Romesco sauce originates from Tarragona, Spain, famous for the bounty of the sea. So, naturally, the two pair perfectly together, and we find that the rich bold flavors of Saucí Romesco balance the mild taste of the cod.
src=’httpss://sauciliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Cod-Romesco1-1030×773.jpg’ attachment=’68’ av_uid=’av-jm1fouvr’
The fish balances the nutty, garlicy flavors in the Romesco, and adding sweet Peach and Tomato Salsa and some lightly-buttered corn on the cob, rounds out the plate with a lovely summertime feel. The relatively light and mild flavor of the fish and the sweetness of the peaches mean a crisp Sauvignon Blanc could accompany this dish, or a lighter Chardonnay if you want just a bit more body.
- ⅓ cup blanched hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce skinless cod fillets
- 4 tbsp Saucí Romesco (1 tbsp each for each fish)
- Prepare the chopped hazelnuts: Preheat the oven to 350º and toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet, turning over once, until golden brown and fragrant, 7–10 minutes; then let cool. Crush the hazelnuts coarsely in a mortar and pestle. (Or, you can use the bottom of a mug or small saucepan, or simply chop them with your chef’s knife.) Transfer them to a small bowl and stir in 2 Tbsp. olive oil, season with salt and set aside.
- Prepare the fish: Pat the fish dry with a paper towel then salt and pepper it on both sides. Let it sit for 5-10min.
- Fire up the grill, tear off a large square of aluminum foil, sprinkle with some olive oil, then place the fish and sprinkle some more on top. Close the foil over the top and pinch it off. Or, pre-heat the oven to 350º again and use a baking sheet.
- Cook the fish for 10-12 min or until it just starts to flake.
- Serve the fish on a plate, spoon on a large tablespoon of Saucí Romesco and then spoon the oiled toasted hazelnuts on top. Sprinkle a few sprigs of parsley on top.