‘Salmon with Saucí Verde’ av_uid=’av-jpd40842′
Yield: 3-4 servigs
Time: 30 minutes
The paprika, garlic and cumin on this salmon give it a robust, smoky, nutty, and earthy tone, which is balanced by the bright, zesty flavors in the Saucí Cilantro.
src=’httpss://sauciliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/MF_08876-1030×687.jpg’ attachment=’109′ av_uid=’av-jm1fouvr’
Easy to prepare, packed with intriguing flavors and a open to a wide palette of side dishes, this is by far one of the most-consumed dinners around our house. Of course, look for sustainably-caught salmon, do your research to know what you’re getting and from where.
- 1 lb sustainably-caught salmon
- Salt in a grinder, or 1 tsp to sprinkle over fish
- Ground pepper, paprika, garlic powder, cumin powder
- About 1 tbsp Saucí Verde per serving
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel on both sides, leave the skin on.
- Generously salt the face. I then place the paper towel over a portion of the thinner side of the cut to protect it from the rest of the spices for my daughter. I look forward to the day she’s old enough to enjoy them!
- Pepper the rest, dust it generously with a good smoky paprika, then sprinkle on some cumin and garlic powder, letting the paper towel mask the kids’ piece.
- Let the salmon sit while you fire up the grill. I turn on 3 of the 4 burners to get it up to about 500 deg.
- Grill it skin-side down for about 3-4 min, then flip it face down and grill for another 3 min or so. Remove the salmon and let it rest 5 minutes.
- Cut 1-1/2 to 2″ wide servings (5-6oz) to plate, add about 1 tbsp Saucí Cilantro on top or alongside.
- We serve it with corn on the cob, any one of a number of big summer salads, grains like brown rice or quinoa, asparagus and more.