Yield: 2-4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
Seems to us that all seasons are grill season but there’s more to the grill than meat. These veggies are a meal in themselves or make a great side dish.
The tapered nature of asparagus and carrots means I like to position them strategically so that the narrow ends fall away from the hottest parts of the flame.
- Asparagus and rainbow carrots
- Zucchini and yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into thick strips
- Olive oil for coating veggies
- 1-2 tbsp natural avocado oil mayo, Veganaise or your favorite mayo
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 2-4 tbsp Saucí Verde
- Fire up the grill to medium high heat.
- But the veggies in a pyrex baking pan or other rectangular pan, drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper on both sides.
- Lay out on the grill across the grate, aiming for the best place to keep the narrow ends from burning. Turn/roll the veggies periodically to grill them all around.
- Meanwhile, mix about 1 tbsp mayo with 2 tbsp Saucí Verde, or double it to have some more available.
- When the veggies are nicely grilled, plate them up and drizzle on the Verde aioli.