Yield: 1 serving
Time: 15 minutes
Breakfast is very often a Romesco affair for me, so it shows up on a lot of egg dishes in my house. Sometimes I’m looking for a good healthy cooked-veggie way to start my day, and this is a winner.
Garlic is a fabulous health-booster, but it’s awfully strong when raw, so I like to soften it up (in texture and bite) but sautéeing it a little (don’t brown it or it’ll turn bitter). I like to sauté the spinach just enough to get a little soft but I don’t leave it too long or it’ll just wilt completely.
A little sharp parmesean cheese and some cracked pepper round this out perfectly.
- 1-2 eggs
- Spinach, about two handfuls
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion sliced in strips
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter or oil of your choice), divided
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado cut in strips for garnish if desired
- 1-2 tbsp Saucí Romesco
- Bring the ghee or butter to medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until soft and starting to get translucent.
- Add the garlic for about a minute or until just soft but not even close to brown yet.
- Add the spinach and toss around for another minute or two until it just gets soft.
- Set aside the spinach mixture in your bowl or plate
- Melt the other 1/2 tbsp ghee in the pan and fry the egg(s).
- *Note: if you put a lid on the pan, and even add a few drops of water, you can trap some heat to cook the white part.
- When the egg is done, add it atop the spinach, and add some sliced avocado if desired.
- Sprinkle some nice sharp parmesean cheese over the top add salt and pepper.
- Spoon out some Saucí Romesco and enjoy!