‘Citrus Beet Salad with Saucí Verde Aioli’
Yield: 4 servings
Time: Cooking: 1hr + cooling time
A drizzle of smooth Saucí Verde aioli is perfect on these delicious earthy but sweet roasted beets. This bright citrus dressing has a small kick, and this salad is wonderful any time of year.
We discovered this citrus beet salad in the Natural Grocers newsletter (credit where due), and originally we made it with the bed of greens and topped with some goat cheese. Wonderful! But then I had some leftover Saucí Verde aioli and some leftover beet salad and in a moment of inspiration paired them up. Even more wonderful!
- 6 medium organic beets, scrubbed clean
- 4 tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh organic grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon zest and 1 tablespoon juice from one small organic orange
- 1⁄2 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach, or 1 head of green leaf, romaine, or butter lettuce
- 2 tbsp Saucí Verde
- 1-2 Tbsp organic avocado oil mayonnaise (or preferred mayo)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place beets on a baking sheet and roast for about an hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Once cool enough to handle, peel the beets; cut off tops and bottoms, then slice.
- Whisk remaining ingredients up through salt in a bowl, gently toss with the beets, and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a small to medium bowl whisk together the Saucí Verde and mayo, adjusting the amounts of each to taste.
- Serve the beet mmixture on a bed of spinach or greens if desired, top with a drizzle of the Saucí Verde aioli and goat/vegan cheese and nuts as-desired.