‘Vegetable Stiry Fry with Saucí Gin+Scal’
Yield: 2-3 servings
Time: 15 minutes
Clean, delicious and yet hearty, this veggie stir fry will lighten your dinnertime intake, and it’s a great way to showcase a farmer’s market take, or clean out your veggie drawer. Also, it’s quick and easy to throw together!
Nothing screams HARVEST! like a farmer’s market haul of veggies, sautéed up and topped with a fresh shout from our Gin+Scal topping sauce. But let’s face it, this is delicious any time of the year. A light, simple 3-ingredient pan sauce complements the Asian flavors in the Gin+Scal, which is somehow fresh and light, but rich and complex. As with all our sauces, we use the as toppings on almost anything, but this is a recurring favorite.
A quick how-to: using a spoon, dispense some Saucí on your veggies.
Endless variations. This was the same dish a couple weeks later with different, but equally delicious veggies.
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic thinly sliced or chopped
- 5-10 leaves of Lacinto kale, de-stemmed
- 1 small-medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- Additional veggies as desired (think zucchini or squash, spinach, etc.)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce or tamari will do)
- 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar (sub in white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar in a pinch)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado cut in strips for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Saucí Gin+Scal per serving
- I like to prepare the spinach by removing the rigid stem down the middle of the leaf, I just trace my knife along it and remove it, then chop the leaves into strips.
- I also like to pre-sauté the sweet potato and set aside. Just add a little oil in the pan before everything else and toss the sweet potato cubes in there for a few minutes to get them just browned and softened a bit, then set aside.
- Sauté the onion and ginger in 1 tbsp neutral oil or butter on medium heat
- After a couple minutes, when the onion is just starting to soften, add the garlic making sure not to burn it (keep it moving)
- After a minute or so, add the red pepper, sweet potato, and kale tossing everything together.
- Add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, and rice vinegar to the pan. I like to make a little hole in the center of the veggies to add the liquids, then toss everything.
- Give it a few minutes to soften the red pepper
- Add 1-2 tbsp Saucí Gin+Scal .